— Our editors review and recommend products to help you buy the stuff you need. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. However, our picks and opinions are independent from USA TODAY’s newsroom and any business incentives.
Amazon Prime Day 2017 promises to be bigger and better than ever before. Now in its third year, Prime Day is an Amazon-exclusive event meant to put some pizazz into an otherwise sleepy time of year for retailers. As a lead up to Prime Day on July 11th, Amazon has rolled out a week of daily deals.
Of course, there’s no thing as a good deal on a bad product. That’s why the folks at Reviewed will be searching Amazon relentlessly for the next week to bring you the real deals. Bookmark this page, because we’ll be updating it continuously as “Prime Week” kicks off.
The official start of Prime Day is 9 p.m. EST (6 p.m. PST) on July 10, and it runs through 3 a.m. EST (12 a.m. PST) on July 12 for a full 30 hours of exclusive deals. Just keep in mind that to get any of these sales, you’ll need to be an Amazon Prime member. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime here.
Be sure to check this page often. We’ll be updating it with new deals as we find them.
‘Leaked’ Prime Day Deals
A few of Amazon’s Prime Day deals have been shared with us well ahead of Prime Day, including (unsurprisingly) 54 Amazon Basics products. We cherry-picked the best discounts on the best products to give you an early heads up. If you see something on this list that you want, add it to your cart now and Amazon will let you know as soon as the price drops.
Deals that start at 9 pm. EST on July 10th:
- Huawei Mate9 Smartphone—Save 25% (usually $599.99): This large unlocked smart phone is a good deal at its full price ($599.99). With this Prime Day discount and the fact that it has Amazon Alexa built in, this is a great option if you’re in the market for a new phone. Read our full review here.
- Amazon Basics TV wall mounts: These low-cost, high-quality mounts can support virtually any size TV, and they’ll all be on sale for Prime Day at new low prices.
- Hypoallergenic, overstuffed mattress toppers: Adding some extra cushion to your bed can get pricy, but these toppers from Amazon’s exclusive bedding brand Pinzon are an affordable alternative. And on July 10-11, they’ll be even easier on your wallet.
July 6: Amazon Music Deals
Today is all about music. No matter what genres you prefer, Amazon has something for every music lover. Here are our favorite deals available today:
- Amazon Music Unlimited: First-time users can get four months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99/month. After that, the subscription service is $7.99/month for Prime members. (Non-Prime users pay $9.99/month.) The catch is that you have to remain an Amazon Prime member all four months to keep the sale rate, but if you’re planning to stick with Prime, you’re in luck!
- Certified refurbished Amazon Tap—$69.99 (Save $40): This Alexa-enabled portable Bluetooth speaker lets you stream your music anywhere you go. When you’re connected to WiFi, you can access streaming services like Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify, Pandora, and more.
- Sony CT800 Powerful sound bar–$348 (Save $151): This sound bar works with 4K TVs and connects to Google Home. It’s a great start for building a surround sound experience with other compatible Sony speakers.
- Sony CT290 Ultra-Slim 300W sound bar—$198 (Save $81.99): This sound bar features Bluetooth technology that makes it easy to stream music from any device and enjoy better, more robust sound.
- Assorted Disney deals: You can find exclusive offers on Disney products from apparel for babies, kids, and adults to toys and exclusive figures.
- Prime Video—$10 credit: If you’v never streamed video content as a Prime member, do it now. You’ll earn a $10 credit toward a future purchase.
- Kindle Unlimited—up to 40% off: Sign up for Kindle Unlimited and enjoy millions of titles at no extra cost. The discounts are available for 6-, 12-, and 24-month subscriptions.
- Audible Gold Membership—40% off for 6 months: No time to read? Listen to the books you’ve wanted to enjoy instead. The first 6 months only cost $8.95/month if you sign up during Prime Week.
- Amazon Music Unlimited—4 months for $0.99/month: Stream songs from any Amazon Alexa device, your smart phone, tablet, or desktop.
- Prime Pantry Everyday Essentials—up to 35% off: Select household and grocery items will have coupons and discounts up to 35% through the end of Prime Day, at least. Prime Pantry shipping is free when you order at least 5 items, too.
Voice Shopping Deals
For these deals, you’ll need to own an Alexa device. This could be an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Amazon Tap, Fire TV, or a compatible Fire tablet. Simply say, “Alexa, what are your deals?” to get a sampling of the exclusive offers voice shoppers can access on millions of products on July 5. Prime members with Alexa devices will also get exclusive offers two hours before Prime Day starts, so if you’ve been wanting an Alexa device, this is a perfect chance to get more from it.
You’ll need to be a Prime member and have a default payment set up in your Amazon account to place orders.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Prime membership—$79 (Save $20): If you’re not already a Prime member, for a limited time you can get your first year for $79 ($20 off the annual fee) when you ask Alexa to sign you up. This will not only give you access to all the other Prime Day deals, but you’ll also be able to do more with your Amazon devices. See all the benefits of Prime membership here.
- $10 credit for first-time Alexa shoppers: If you’ve never ordered anything on Amazon through Alexa, today might be a great day to start. First-time voice shoppers will receive a $10 promo code when they buy something now through July 9.
- NETGEAR Orbi Home WIFi System—$245.99 (Save $100): Looking to build a mesh WiFi system? The Orbi is one of our favorites. “Say, “Alexa, order Netgear Orbi Home WiFi system.”
- WeMo Mini Smart Plug—$27.99 (Save $7) Say, “Alexa, order Wemo Mini Smart Plug.”
- Philips Hue Go Light—$44.99 (Save 25%) Say, “Alexa, order Philips Hue Go Light.”
- Arlo Q Security Camera 2-Pack—$249.99 (Save $105) Say, “Alexa, order Arlo Security Camera two-pack.”
- Wickedly Prime Sweet ‘n’ Cheesy Popcorn Mix—$2.49 (Save 50%) Say, “Alexa, order sweet and cheesy popcorn.”
- July 7: Prime Video deals
- July 8: Deals on Everyday Essentials
- July 9: Prime Reading deals and sneak peeks into Prime Day deals
- July 10: Voice-only Prime Day deals start at 7 p.m. EST (4 p.m. PST) for Alexa device owners. Prime Day starts at 9 p.m. EST (6 p.m. PST) for all Prime members.
- July 11: Prime Day is in full-swing with hundreds of new deals every few minutes.
Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time.
Read or Share this story: https://usat.ly/2uKURjk